Huge Memory Footprint? + Optimisations + Razor

May 21, 2011 at 4:54 AM

First thing's first:

What the?! After a bunch of requests, the memory usage pops to ~500MB, and stays there. Looking into process explorer, the majority of this is in Generation 2 objects. In this case, the Gen2 Heap Size is 418,322,588 bytes.

Is there any explanation for this? And how would I remove it?

Secondly, the web server appears not to be the fastest. Have any optimisations been made on it? If not, would the author make some optimisations if a nice donation was made? :) (I'm much more concerned about the above first though, since I want to use the web server in a 256MB VPS environment...)

Thirdly, are there any plans to support the Razor View Engine? I'd also love that and would make a donation for it.

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2011 at 4:52 AM

See my answer in the benchmark question. 

I've taken a look at another razor project here at codeplex. It should not be that hard to implement it.

Donations will always speed things up.

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2011 at 7:13 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I've switched to a BufferPool inside HttpContext. It allocated a 65kb buffer for each request. That could grow pretty quick.

I've created a repository at github for my new framework (which the socket framework is included in). Far from complete but might be interesting to check out: https://github.com/jgauffin/griffin/wiki