Does any body use or test this project?

Sep 22, 2008 at 5:57 PM
Edited Sep 22, 2008 at 6:05 PM
Hello all.

Does any body use or test this project? Your tutorials even do not work...It is not work in release version and it is don't work in latest version.
It is absolutely not usable...In release version your tutorial numbers is shifted(List is ZERO based but your tutorial print instructions to press number from ONE to Count-1...It is crazy...Students in school make better code than your tutorial)!!!! and tutorial3 don't work ...it is failed on response.Clear() because
you use COPY/PAST technology and so stupid to add empty form check in CLEAR method!!!!

/// <summary>Disposes all held HttpFile's and resets values</summary>
        public override void Clear()
        {
            if (_ignoreChanges)
                throw new InvalidOperationException("Cannot retrieve files from instance HttpForm.EmptyForm.");

base.Clear();

foreach (KeyValuePair<string, HttpFile> pair in _files)
                pair.Value.Dispose();

_files.Clear();
        }
And it is your RELEASE version! I think that tutorials MUST work in beta version. If it is not work then it is ALPHA version.
You may be sure that nobody use your project because it is impossible to run with so many bugs.

Dmitry

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2008 at 8:20 PM
1. We have no release version. It's still a beta.
2. Do nobody use the framework? Read the other threads.
3. We use the Empty model for forms instead of forcing our users to check for null all the time. We throw exceptions in the Empty instance if someone tries to modify it.
4. What is our copy/paste technology? I do not understand what you mean.

I'm sorry if you feel frustrated since the tutorials do not work. We have not tried them in a long time. I'll check them tomorrow. We have focused on getting everything done instead of focusing on the tutorials.
Sep 22, 2008 at 10:44 PM
> 3. We use the Empty model for forms instead of forcing our users to check for null all the time. We throw exceptions in the Empty instance if someone tries to modify it.
> 4. What is our copy/paste technology? I do not understand what you mean.
copy/paste technology is when programmer copy some part of source code and past it to many places and don't thinking is it right for this place.
Your code :
            if (_ignoreChanges)
                throw new InvalidOperationException("Cannot retrieve files from instance HttpForm.EmptyForm.");

is pasted to so many places and in Clear() method too but you don't think that it is wrong for this method. In latest versions this code deleted from Code() but i don't understand why in releases tab you place version with this code because this version unusable (try use your tutorial #3 in this version)

About beta version...Do you think that in beta version tutorial don't need to work?
When you see you tutorials last time?
See Program.cs:

for (int i = 0; i < _tutorials.Count; ++i)
Console.WriteLine((i+1).ToString().PadLeft(2) + " " + _tutorials[i].Name);
// You print tutorials indexes from ONE to COUNT
if (index < 0 || index >= _tutorials.Count)
// Check entered index in bounds from ZERO to COUNT-1 !!!
Console.WriteLine("How about a number between 1 and " + (_tutorials.Count - 1) + "??");
// Print instruction to enter from ONE!!! to COUNT-1!!! Unbelievable
lastTutor = _tutorials[index];
// And actual use entered index as ZERO to COUNT-1
-----------------------------------------------------
What you think about people who wrote this code? Do you want use another code from this people if he can't control index bounds in 10 lines of source code.

I try to use 4 different version of this project and EACH have problems on first start. Each version have problems on cleanups. Released version have
this problem EVERY time because Stop method is not synchronized with OnAccept method(Stop set listener_=null and OnAccept check listener_==null). May be it can work some time on single CPU
but WebServer is server application and it must work correctly on multi CPU configurations.

Dmitry

Sep 22, 2008 at 10:50 PM
>We have focused on getting everything done instead of focusing on the tutorials.
Tutorials is simple web application and if it don't work then nobody can't work. In latest version i have exception in Tutorual1 inside framework on client request. Now i switch to modules model and requests is work but
some time i have exception on application exit.
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2008 at 6:17 AM
I think that should adjust your attitude a bit. No one forces you to use the project, go away or be more polite. Keep in mind that we do not need to help you, we have to WANT to help you. And using that attitude certainly doesn't make us want to help you. You could have started your first message with something like "Your tutorial do not work, can you please take a look at them?"

Oct 18, 2008 at 11:03 PM
@ddv
Everything I used worked great (http content server with custom module).
The use of libraryes is clear and simple.
This guys hade made a very good job.
Your comment was not so kind.
Oct 18, 2008 at 11:17 PM
@elettrozero

Did you see library code? It is look like student's code. How about their code in my previous posts? Do you think that thay can write good code if they can't control array bounds in simple tutotrial?
Try to use first tutorial without custom modules and you will see how good this library.
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2008 at 7:47 AM
ddv: You have said what you think and I can respect that, even if you can't behave.

But don't come here and disrespect what other users think, then I'll start to delete everything you say.