Implimenting SPENGO authentication

Mar 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM
I am attempting to impliment SPENGO authentication.  It requires multiple round trips.  The problem I am having is making it break out after the excahnge is complete.  How would you recomend accessing the session information that was built up in the derived AuthModule class in the AuthenticationHandler method?
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2009 at 11:44 AM
Well, you can't access the sessions today :)

I can look at it if you provide me with your SPENGO implementation and give me links to the SPENGO specification.
Dec 22, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Edited Dec 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM

I was confused by this post until I realized you were talking about SPNEGO: Simple and Protected GSS-API Negotiation Mechanism. It's sometimes called the "Negotiate" protocol. The specification is IETF RFC 2478

This would be extremely useful for providing NTLM and Kerberos authentication support.

From what I gather from some quick Internet searches, you'd use the Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) in Windows to do the authentication. I'm not sure if there's an official C# library that wraps the SSPI. A few folks on StackOverflow were talking about an MSDN sample that does this, though: Integrated Security.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Any Chance to achieve an SSPI Integration?

i have no glue where to start.

i am open for ideas.
best regards
Kai
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM
That sample uses a C++ dll (WinApi) and would not be portable. I'm still interested in this and would love to get suggestions on how I can implement it.