IsAjax and Module?

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2009 at 2:47 PM
How or can I control the IsAjax response handling from a module?  I had a working server side module that responded to a page using a callback function to allow cross site scripting and because of that the server did not recognize the request as an Ajax request and my page worked as expected but now that I've reworked the page to remove the cross site scripting it "appears" that the browser is not getting a response.  Using FireBug I can see the request going to the server, but no response is coming back, yet I can see by debugging my module at the same time that it is working as before, the only difference seems to be the IsAjax which flag which is now true.
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2009 at 1:13 PM
IsAjax is set to true if the HTTP header named "http_x_requested_with" or "x-requested-with" is set to "XMLHttpRequest".

Use FireBug to see if the header is specified.
Apr 8, 2009 at 3:37 AM
yes.  firebug shows X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest  But amazingly the response is getting back to the browser when it wasn't before.  i didn't make any changes from when i reported the problem so i'm totally at a loss to explain why it is working now and wasn't then unless a listener was stuck and now is cleared since my machine was restarted or it was an issue caused by me debugging my module and slowing down the respose back to the browser.  so for now, thanks for your library and for your response.  my problem seems to have cleared itself and i'm happy.  thanks!