This project is read-only.

Feedback please

May 9, 2008 at 11:15 AM
The code have been downloaded 100 times now and the project have got 500 visitors.
Not a single one of you have given me any feedback.

I would really appreciate if you did. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad.
May 10, 2008 at 2:42 PM
I think this is a great effort.

I'm wondering if you plan to integrate some server side capability such as PHP to provide some better capability?
May 12, 2008 at 7:21 AM
The template manager let's you do the same thing as php.

Read more about it. Maybe I should add some more examples?

May 12, 2008 at 12:36 PM
Thnaks jgauffin.

But you can't actually execute php? We have a need to also execute php to interact with other services before generating HTML.

It looks like php can be integrated without too much trouble in C++ (just use the php supplied ISAPI DLL and emulate the IIS interface to it). I think this could also be done via Interop from C#. What do you think?
May 12, 2008 at 1:57 PM
Why can't you use C# to modify the HTML?

In php you would create a script like:
Hello <?= $userName ?>

With the Tiny generator (one of the template generators) you could do something like:
Hello <%= userName %>

I can do a php implementation, but not for free since I don't need one myself. Contact me at <jonas at gauffin dot com> if you are interested.

My personal opinion is that a php integration is not needed, since you can do everything with the framework that you can do with php.
The only thing I can think of is if you have some legacy code that you do not want to port.
May 14, 2008 at 12:35 AM
I agree, but then (potentially) you need to write C# code to modify web pages. We have some guys who love php and want to do the web scripting in php...

I can do the integration. if I do, I will provide it back to you.

john
May 14, 2008 at 8:05 PM
Edited May 14, 2008 at 8:06 PM
if you'll do the integration, please do it as a module (look at the file module).

May 15, 2008 at 1:24 AM

jgauffin wrote:
if you'll do the integration, please do it as a module (look at the file module).

Sounds good - I'm sure I'll have questions along the way.