This project is read-only.

How do I start using this?

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:52 PM
Seems like a great project, but without a solid sample it's quite impossible to start using it.

If someone would be so kind and post short samples on following things (i normally work with ASP.Net postback model, not MVC, so feel free to point the right way):

• Create a master template with all the surrounding html, css declarations, javascripts, etc...
  • Handle static files
  • Create "page" modules with page-specific template
  • Call custom function when button is pressed on the page form

Any sample will be greatly appreciated.

Sep 22, 2008 at 7:09 AM
Give me a couple of days and I'll make an example.

We've finished everything needed in beta2, so I'll add a sample using embedded resources.
Sep 23, 2008 at 10:59 AM
Download the latest code and check the fifth tutorial. It shows how to use validation, localization, models, views and embedded resources.
Sep 23, 2008 at 5:13 PM
looking into it, thanks.
Btw, due to file sizes it seems that debug and release downloads are the same

Sep 24, 2008 at 6:45 AM
Yeah, i noticed that. It is two different released.

Did you understand the tutorial that I made for you?

In our own server we have combined the plugin system in Fadd with the webserver to be able to add functionality to the website using external DLL.s.
You can read about the plugin system here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/macros/pluginsystem.aspx

When I have time I'll make a more complete example project using plugins and the webserver.

I saw your tickets and will take a look at them today.
Sep 25, 2008 at 10:34 PM
Yeah, thanks, i got the simple thing running.
How do I serve MVC stuff to just "/" address? Do i have to do a custom redirect from there? It's not a big deal, since it's an internal application monitoring service..
Sep 26, 2008 at 7:18 AM
httpServer.Add(new RedirectRule("/", "/user/yourstuff"));
Sep 26, 2008 at 7:19 AM
You can also add your own custom rules by creating a class that implements the IRule interface.

Rules are run before any modules are processed.
Oct 9, 2008 at 2:30 AM
Any chance of seeing some of the AJAX functionality explained?
Oct 10, 2008 at 4:06 PM
Ajax is now demonstrated in Tutorial 5 (in the Tutorial project). Download latest revision.