This project is read-only.

Minimal Depedency Build

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:25 PM
It would be nice if there was a way to build the library to minimize dependencies. HttpServer.dll is 148k while the other DLLs are 292k. Disk and bandwidth are cheap but a savings of 66% on size would be nice. There is also the issue of multiple licenses to deal with - Fadd uses LGPL ( same as HttpServer ) while xUnit is Ms-PL.

Right now it appears as though there are 3 non Microsoft dependencies - xUint, Fadd and Fadd.Globalization. Removing a dependency from xUnit was fairly straight forward. Of course you loose the unit testing ability but it also means that you don't have to ship out xuint.dll. Removing the dependency to Fadd requires more understanding of the source than I have - I'm guessing it's more tightly coupled to the actual workings of the code and might not be possible to remove.

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:09 AM
Fadd is also created by us, we put stuff in there that doesn't fit in any other project. It cannot be removed easily since it's used for localization, parameter checks etc.

I really which that projects had conditional dependencies. xUnit should really just be needed for debug builds, we've tried to use #if DEBUG in most places that use xUnit.