This project is read-only.

Stability & Expected Release Date of 1.1

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:31 AM
Edited Mar 14, 2009 at 11:32 AM
I'm looking to use this web server in a small personal project I'm working on. So I wanted to check whether I should be trying to track trunk, to avoid having a big migration task when 1.1 is released. But this depends on several factors, not least of which is what the expected release date of 1.1 is likely to be? And also how stable 1.1 is likely to be during its development.

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Mar 17, 2009 at 12:15 PM
We always try to not break the API in every release. We have done some major refactorings in beta versions of v1.0. But we are quite satisfied with the structure now, and will not break the API any more.

v1.1 should be as stable as v1.0. I've just removed some dependencies and added the MVC layer into a different assembly.
The API should not have changed between v1.0 and v1.1 (in other aspect than a new namespace for the MVC layer).
Mar 17, 2009 at 12:18 PM
As for release dates, I do not give any. We work with this project when we have time or when we need new stuff in it.

As a hint, we'll release a new MVC layer (will still support the old one) in the future. The MVC layer will support both the webserver, winforms, and probably WPF too.